So far we learnt
In this article we will show you how to create a basic Hello World Project in SAP HANA XS using SAP HANA Web-based Development Workbench.
Steps to create you first Hello World Application:
- Open SAP HANA Web-based Development Workbench Editor. The URL will be
- Right click on the “Content” in left side and create a new package with name “HelloWorld”.
- You should see the package created on the left side (Project Explorer). In the Console below, you also can see the success/error messages.
- Right click on the package HelloWorld and Select “Create Application”. In the popup window, select “HANA XS Hello World” template and click on “Create”.
- This will create the project and necessary files. You can see the files on left side Project Explorer.
- Open index.html file and click on green Run button on menu bar or press F8. This will launch the application in a new tab.
Based on you HANA revision, your index.html file content might be little different.
Done!! You have successfully created you first SAP HANA XS Application.