Welcome to The Community. The community is designed to share information on SAP HANA in an interactive way.

Visit SAPHANATutorial.Com
Getting started
  • Hi I need to know a few things for me to get started on having a technical understanding of Hana.  I have installed the s/4 Hana One Trial that SAP offers.  I basically just want to know

1. The mappings of VDMs that populate the reports in BOBJ and the screens in Fiori

2. In Hana Studio I want to be able to quickly look at the results of a Calculation View or Attribute View.  These I believe are coming from the Simple Finance add on which is what people mean when they say 'Finance VDMs'. 

3. I would like to know how the 'Reuse Views', 'Value Help Views' and 'Private Views' that this link describes - Virtual Data Models - SAP HANA Live for SAP Business Suite Administrator's Guide - SAP Library - how to view them in Hana Studio as I am only able to see the Attribute Views and Calculation views.  (Im looking in the content folder at the packages and I dont see these three types of views)

4. Similarly - I would like to know where can I find these queries - Financial Statement - SAP HANA Live for SAP ERP - SAP Library - they should be in the S/4 Hana One Trial I think and I'm not sure where to find them. 

TRACE - My ides for number 1 is to enable a trace when I am browsing the out of the box fiori screens and BOBJ reports.  I'm not sure which trace to enable so that I can see  real time queries for VDMs.  Actually I am having trouble seeing how to capture SQL queries too against the ERP tables.  Maybe I just don't know how to configure the trace  because when I query "SELECT * from table" from ERP table I don't see my statement in the files on the trace screen. 

Also, Can anyone give me a quick explanation of how to connect BOBJ to VDMs?  Is it complicated?  I am very familiar with BOBJ and the client tools so feel free to leave out details from the side if you aren't sure.  I am just wondering how to present the VDMs to BOBJ, is it as a connection in IDT?  Will it be a table?  Will the crystal database expert see it as a table? 

Thanks for any help you can give!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign In using your Gmail ID, Click on 'Google' button to sign in

Free Online Training Programs under SAPHANATutorial.com:
Click here to start SAP HANA Basics online course.
© 2016 : saphanatutorial.com, All rights reserved.
Visit SAPHANATutorial.Com