Welcome to The Community. The community is designed to share information on SAP HANA in an interactive way.

Visit SAPHANATutorial.Com
Parent Child Hierarchy Column View and its usage in Calculation view
  • I have one question on Parent Child Hierarchy. We have createdone have Parent Child Hierarchy to get the Organization to Organization Relationship. I have observed that HANA has createdone column view for Hierarchy and that has columns as QUERY_NODE, RESULT_NODE,PRED_NODE,LEVEL, LEVEL_NAME,ORDINAL,DISTANCE,IS_LEAF,IS_CYCLE and some other columns. Kindly requesting youto please help me in understanding the significance of the columns of QUERY_NODE, RESULT_NODE, ORDINAL, IS_LEAF. I mean what values these columns have. Even I have noticed that some of the other sr. developers are using some expressions like expression = > descendants(*) and expression"=>'subtree(*) . What is the usage of these expressions.

• I have one question on Parent Child Hierarchy. We have createdone have Parent Child Hierarchy to get the Organization to Organization Relationship. I have observed that HANA has createdone column view for Hierarchy and that has columns as QUERY_NODE, RESULT_NODE,PRED_NODE,LEVEL, LEVEL_NAME,ORDINAL,DISTANCE,IS_LEAF,IS_CYCLE and some other columns. Kindly requesting youto please help me in understanding the significance of the columns of QUERY_NODE, RESULT_NODE, ORDINAL, IS_LEAF. I mean what values these columns have. Even I have noticed that some of the other sr. developers are using some expressions like expression = > descendants(*) and expression"=>'subtree(*) . What is the usage of these expressions.

• Hi Mohammed,
    These columns are generated by the HANA engine and so far I didnt find any official document which explains these columns.
    I am checking it and will update you if find any information on this.

Regards,
    admin

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign In using your Gmail ID, Click on 'Google' button to sign in

Free Online Training Programs under SAPHANATutorial.com:
Click here to start SAP HANA Basics online course.
© 2016 : saphanatutorial.com, All rights reserved.
Visit SAPHANATutorial.Com