Welcome to The Community. The community is designed to share information on SAP HANA in an interactive way.

Visit SAPHANATutorial.Com
Hana Express, Installing Shine.
  • Hello all. I hope you can help me.
    I have a new Hana Express Virtual 2.0 Server installed. I have eclipse Neon and hxexsa.ova.
    From what I have read on the web so far, Shine is supposed to be installed. However, the latest version is a separate download.
    I have the tgz file and have used FTP to put this on the virtual server, however when I use "sudo tar zxvf shine.tgz" i get "gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--format violated" when uncompressing some internal zip files.
    I have tried opening the zip files separately and no zip program can read them.
    I have downloaded the shine db from the SAP site 3 times and always get the same error.
    Is there some some of special package manager I am supposed to use or is it possible that the download is genuinely corrupt?

Sorry for the newbie question, but that is what I am at this point ;-)
  • Hi Chris,
    The HANA help document shows a different approach for installing shine. The steps are
    1. Copy shine.tgz to your virtual machine. Extract shine.tgz.
    2. As the hxeadm user, run:
      <extracted_path>/HANA_EXPRESS_20/install_shine.sh
    Have you tried this? 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign In using your Gmail ID, Click on 'Google' button to sign in

Free Online Training Programs under SAPHANATutorial.com:
Click here to start SAP HANA Basics online course.
© 2016 : saphanatutorial.com, All rights reserved.
Visit SAPHANATutorial.Com