Format the NameNode:
- Open command prompt and navigate to Hadoop bin directory - C:\hadoop\bin
- Namenode needs to be formatted for the first time. Execute command
hdfs namenode –format
Start the HDFS(NameNode and DataNode):
- Navigate to C:Hadoop\sbin directory and execute command
- As soon as you execute this command you would observe that two separate command prompt windows will open. One for NameNode and other for DataNode and your DataNode and NameNode are running now
Web Browser Interface:
Open browser and type the address http://localhost:50070
to open NameNode Web Interface. You could see all Cluster summary,
Start YARN(Resource Manager and Node Manager):
- Execute command start-yarn to start YARN
- Similarly, two separate Command Prompt windows will be opened automatically to run Resource Manager and Node Manager.
Open browser and type http://localhost:8042
to check Node Manager and Resource Manager.