In the article Prerequisite to learn SAP HANA
, we explained:
- What are the prerequisite to learn SAP HANA?
- How to start learning SAP HANA as a beginner?
- Different roles and job profile in SAP HANA and their details
The major roles and profiles in SAP HANA are HANA Modeler, HANA Administrator, HANA Developer, HANA Consultant etc.
In this article we will focus on most important and most popular role in industry now-a-days – SAP HANA Consultant. We will explain:
- How to become a SAP HANA Consultant?
- What are main tasks and responsibilities of SAP HANA Consultant?
- What are the HANA topics you should know to become SAP HANA Consultant?
- What are the important certifications required for Consultant role?
- How is the job market and expected salary for HANA Consultant?
What are the main tasks and responsibilities of SAP HANA Consultant?
SAP HANA Consultant normally has below tasks and responsibilities:
- HANA consultant is responsible for rolling out technical and functional knowledge to the team.
- The consultant is supposed to lead the planning, design, implementation and support of SAP HANA based solutions.
- A consultant also takes part in decisions on topics like Security, Performance, Installation, Product shipment etc.
- An excellent verbal and written communication skill is required because HANA consultant also needs to interact with both business and technical stakeholders of company.
What is the minimum educational qualification required to become HANA Consultant?
In order to become a SAP HANA consultant, you need to have the minimum essential qualification.
Most of the companies ask either a university degree from recognized university or a bachelor's degree. Please note that this may vary from company to company and country to country.
What are the topics you should know to become SAP HANA Consultant?
First of all you must have knowledge of:
Although it’s not mandatory but knowledge in below topics will increase your chances of getting a better job.
Most importantly you must always keep yourself updated with latest features of SAP HANA.
Which are the Certifications you need to take to become an HANA Consultant?
Getting a SAP Certification is not mandatory, but it is recommended to get certified. Especially if you don't have any experience in that field, getting certified makes you better suitable than having no experience.
To know more about HANA certifications, read All about SAP HANA Certifications
How is the job market and expected salary for HANA Consultant?
To know about this topic, please read SAP HANA Jobs and Salary
If you have any further question on this topic, please leave a comment.