In previous articles What is SAPUI5
and What is OpenUI5
, we learnt about SAPUI5 and OpenUI5. Before going into too much theory, let’s get our hands dirty with some SAPUI5 programs.
In this article, we will learn how to setup eclipse for SAPUI5 and how to install SAPUI5 Development Tools in Eclipse.
Step 1: Download and install Eclipse
- Install Eclipse IDE Kepler/Juno/Mars version from here and choose your operating system on which you want to run eclipse. Please refer UI Development Toolkit for SAPUI5 to check the supported Eclipse version.
- After download has completed. Unzip the file and extract to a folder of your choice. Double click on eclipse.exe file to open the Eclipse.
- The Eclipse should be opened with Welcome Page as below.
Step 2: Install SAPUI5 Development Tool
- In case you are behind a proxy, you may have to change the network settings. Go to Windows à Preferences à Network Connections. Change the “Active Provider” to Manual and provide proxy details.
- Go to Help → Install New Software from eclipse menu.
- In the Available Software window, enter “http://tools.hana.ondemand.com/luna” for Eclipse Luna. In case of different version of eclipse, the url would be changed accordingly. For example
Eclipse Neon http://tools.hana.ondemand.com/neon
Eclipse Mars http://tools.hana.ondemand.com/mars
- List of available software will be displayed like below. Choose “UI5 Development Toolkit for HTML5” and click on Next.
- Accept the terms of the license agreements. Click on Finish to start the installation.
- While installation, you will be prompted with a Security Warning dialog box like below. Click on OK to continue the installation. Finally you may have to restart the Eclipse.
Done!! You have successfully installed SAPUI5 Development Tools in Eclipse.
In the next article, we will learn how to create your first Hello World application in SAPUI5.