SAP recommends using the new ABAP sizing report /SDF/HANA_BW_SIZING
for SAP BW instead of Quick Sizer or DB Scripts.
- The ABAP report provides much better accuracy of sizing results.
- Handles source DB compression ratio
- Uses table type specific compression factors
- Produces detailed results as compared to DB scripts or Quick Sizer tool method
- ABAP report is independent of source database
- Option to select the future growth calculation of memory and disk size
The pre-requisite for ABAP report /SDF/HANA_BW_SIZING
is support tool plug-in version ST-PI 2008_1_7XX SP06
This report obtains list of tables from the ABAP dictionary table (DD02L).
Steps to Calculate Sizing Using ABAP Report:
- Login to SAP BW System and run t-code SE38 > Enter the report name “/SDF/HANA_BW_SIZING” and execute.
Sample input and output screen for the ABAP report.
/SDF/HANA_BW_SIZING: Input Screen
/SDF/HANA_BW_SIZING: Output Screens