An SAP HANA system can be installed interactively:
- With command line options, by running the installation tool hdblcm.
- With the graphical installation tool, hdblcmgui, by selecting installation options from a wizard.
In this chapter we will learn to install an SAP HANA system from a graphical interface.
- You are logged in as root user.
- If the SAP HANA studio is selected for installation, the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is configured as follows:
- The JRE is accessible either via the PATH or JAVA_HOME variable.
- The JRE is up-to-date (version 1.6 or higher). Verify by calling: java --version
- Change to the following directory on the installation medium:
- Start the installer:
- The following parameters can be defined:
The software component directories are detected. Component locations can be added or changed.
- Action of installation or update
- Components to be installed or updated
- Authorization data (passwords)
- Installation parameters:
- System type: Single-host system or multiple-host system
- Installation path (sapmnt)
- SAP system ID (SID)
- Instance number
- Location of data and log volumes
- Restricted memory allocation
- User ID
- User group ID
- System administrator login shell
- System administrator home directory
The installation progress is displayed.
The SAP HANA system is now up and running.