An SAP HANA system can be installed interactively from the command line. When the SAP HANA lifecycle management tool hdblcm tool is called, mandatory parameters are requested by the installer.
- You are logged in as root user.
- If the SAP HANA studio is selected for installation, the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is configured as follows:
- The JRE is accessible either via the PATH or JAVA_HOME variable.
- The JRE is up-to-date (version 1.6 or higher). Verify by calling: java –version
- Change to the following directory on the installation medium:
- Start the installer:
- Parameter default values are suggested in brackets, and can be accepted with Enter. Otherwise, enter a non-default value, then select Enter.
The installation progress is displayed.
The SAP HANA system is now up and running.