In the article SAP HANA Studio Overview -1
and SAP HANA Studio Overview -2
we explained the basic features of HANA Studio.
In this article we will explain how to download and install SAP HANA Studio.
This is done in 2 steps:
- Download and Install Eclipse
- Install HANA software (plugin) in Eclipse
Step 1: Download and install Eclipse
Download and install eclipse from Eclipse Mars
or Eclipse Luna
. For example, go to Eclipse Mars site
and download Eclipse as per your operating system.
After Eclipse is installed, open it.
Step 2: Install HANA software (plugin) in Eclipse
- In Eclipse, choose in the menu bar Help -> Install New Software.
- For Eclipse Mars (4.5), add the URL https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/mars
For Eclipse Luna (4.4), add the URL https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/luna
Press Enter to display the available features. Select “SAP HANA Tools” and choose Next.
In case you want to work with HANA Cloud Platform
, also select the “SAP HANA Cloud Platform Tools”.
- On the next wizard page, you get an overview of the features to be installed. Choose Next. Confirm the license agreements and choose Finish to start the installation.
Done! HANA Studio is installed.
- This may take several minutes. In case you get a warning message, click on Yes. Finally, restart your eclipse.
Download HANA Studio from SAP Service Market Place:
In case you have valid license, you may download HANA Studio from SAP Service Market Place. This is paid version and you need user in Service Market Place.
- Go to SAP Service Market Place
- Choose Support Packages and Patches > A-Z Index: H > SAP HANA Enterprise Edition > SAP HANA Enterprise EDIT .1.0 > Comprised Software Component Versions > SAP HANA STUDIO 1.00 > <your operating system>
- Run the SAPCAR executable to download the SAR file. Extract this SAR file.
Use command SAPCAR -xvf <your-SAR-file> to extract the file. Run the HDBSETUP executable to install and update HANA Studio. When prompted, use option Install new SAP HANA Studio to proceed with the installation.