In previous articles Prerequisite for SAPUI5 and Fiori
, What is SAPUI5?
, What is Fiori?
, we explained the basics of SAPUI5 and Fiori. In this article we will talk about SAP Web IDE – the popular tool to build and extend SAPUI5/Fiori applications.
What is SAP Web IDE?
SAP Web IDE is a web-based integrated development tool
available on SAP HANA Cloud Platform.
It is mainly used to
- build new SAPUI5/ Fiori apps
- extend standard SAP Fiori apps
SAP Web IDE provides standard Web development tools like code editors, wizards, and tools for building SAPUI5 application.
It supports the E2E application lifecycle: UI design, development, testing, deployment, and customer extensions for responsive SAPUI5 apps.
How can I try SAP Web IDE for free? How to open SAP Web IDE?
SAP Web IDE is available at HANA Cloud Platform. You can get free trial instance of SAP Web IDE when signing up to the free SAP HANA Cloud Platform.
Steps to open/start SAP Web IDE
- Open your HANA Cloud Platform account. If you do not have a HCP account, refer to the article Get Free Access to SAP HANA Cloud Platform and create one.
- In the SAP HANA Cloud Platform Cockpit, as shown below. Click on the Services menu item on the left.
If the box does NOT say “Enabled”
- Click on the SAP Web IDE box. You may need to scroll down to find this box.
, click the Not Enabled button to enable this feature.
- In the SAP Web IDE screen, there is a link called “Open SAP Web IDE”. Click this link.
- A new tab will open, and the Web IDE will load. Bookmark this page!
Benefits of SAP Web IDE
SAP Web IDE is offered as a cloud solution hosted on SAP HANA Cloud Platform, so no initial installation is required, and local IT infrastructure is untouched. Developers can access development projects anytime, anywhere - all that is needed is a PC with a browser.
Below are the important benefits of SAP Web IDE:
- Reduced cost and complexity
- Increased productivity
- Empower developers, business experts and designers and reduced training effort required
- Improved collaboration