SAP Fiori is the new face of SAP software. Using modern design principles, SAP Fiori provides a role-based experience across all lines of business, tasks, and devices.
Fiori is basically the design principles. An app is said to be a Fiori app if it follows the Fiori design guidelines
SAP provides 300+ role-based Fiori applications like HR, Manufacturing, Finance, etc. Official delivered Fiori apps can be found in the Fiori Apps Library
The primary technology used for Fiori is SAPUI5.
How can I try SAP Fiori or see the demo?
Fiori trials and demos are available at here
. You can go to Fiori Cloud Demo
and check sample Fiori applications.
SAP Fiori Design Principles
SAP Fiori provides a consistent and holistic user experience for SAP software. By creating visually pleasing designs with a strong focus on ease of use, the experience is intuitive and simple, across all devices.
SAP has decomposed various SAP transactions and changed them into beautiful user interactive applications that show only most relevant information to the users.
SAP Fiori provides the right information at the right time and reflects the way user actually work.
SAP Fiori enables you to work how and where you want, regardless of the device you use. And, it provides relevant information that allows for instant insight.
With SAP Fiori, you can complete your job intuitively and quickly. SAP Fiori helps you focus on what is important – essential functions are easy to use and you can personalize the experience to focus on your relevant tasks and activities.
Whether you fulfill a sales order, review your latest KPIs, or manage leave requests – SAP Fiori adheres to a consistent interaction and visual design language. Across the enterprise, you enjoy the same intuitive and consistent experience
: Apart from making you work smarter, SAP Fiori also enriches your work experience by allowing you to simply do your job.
What are the types of Fiori apps?
SAP Fiori has three app types, each distinguished by their focus and infrastructure requirements:
- Transactional apps
- Fact sheets
- Analytical apps
- These apps let you perform transactional tasks, such as creating a leave request for an employee.
- They represent simplified views and interaction with existing business processes and solutions.
- They run best on an SAP HANA database, but can also be ported to other databases with acceptable performance.
- Fact sheets are used to drill the key information and contextual information in business operations. In SAP Fiori tiles, you can drill down to further details.
- From a fact sheet area (tile), you can drill down into its details. You can navigate from one fact sheet to its related fact sheets. For example, you can navigate from a document to the related business partner or to the master data.
- From fact sheets, you can start transactions by navigating to transactional apps, or by accessing the back-end system directly. For example, from a document fact sheet, you can access the back-end system to display document details or to edit the document in SAP GUI or Web Dynpro.
- Fact sheets run only on an SAP HANA database and require an ABAP stack. They cannot be ported to the SAP HANA live (2-tier) architecture.
- Analytical apps are used to provide role-based real time information about the business operations.
- Analytical apps integrate the power of SAP HANA with SAP business suite. It provides real time information from large volume of data in front-end web browser.
- Using Analytical apps, you can closely monitor Key Performance indicators KPIs. You can perform complex aggregations and calculations of your business operations and react immediately as per the changes in the market condition.
- Analytical apps run on an SAP HANA database and use virtual data models (VDM).
How can you learn SAP Fiori? What is the prerequisites to learn Fiori?
Refer to the article - Prerequisite for SAPUI5 and Fiori - Career Scope and Future Growth
Here we have answered all the questions related to prerequisites, career and job perspective.
SAP Fiori sometimes means different things in different context. It is SAP's strategic approach to User Experience (UX) across all products. Sometimes it also refers to a series of detailed design guidelines and sometimes refer to the collection of actual apps.
Most important point is that Fiori is the future of user interface. It is the front face of all SAP application.
If you still have some questions or doubt, please post that in comment below.
Check frequently asked interview questions and answers on SAPUI5 and Fiori.